Our company is offering an excellent opportunity for a recent college graduate in Accounts Receivable. Candidates must be dependable, having an understanding of basic accounting, excellent follow-up and strong attention to detail.
DataVox Business Summary:Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions. Learn more about DataVox at https://www.datavox.net/ • Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal. • Two-Time Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 and 2016 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor. • Headquartered in Houston, TX and an office in Fort Worth, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Qualifications:
- Collection and reporting activities - Facilitate payment of invoices by corresponding with customer
- Work directly with billing manager to review account discrepancies and resolve billing issues
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files with up-to-date billing information
- Follow established procedures for processing and posting daily cash receipts and prepare bank deposits
- Process adjustments (debit / credit memos)
- Engage a recovery system and initiate collection efforts for past due accounts
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Notify operations of issues related to outstanding AR
- Meet with Controller weekly to address problems and review progress
- Experience with Great Plains or Field Point is a plus
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is a plus
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work EnvironmentThe noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators.
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short-Term Disability
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.