DataVox is offering an excellent opportunity to join our Accounting team as an Administrative Accountant in Houston!
- Do you currently have a degree in Finance or Accounting?
- Are you dependable, detail oriented and have excellent follow up skills?
Before learning about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You'll Do:
- Vendor invoice receiving/matching
- Bank reconciliations
- General ledger reconciliations
- Project billing reconciliations
- Texas Department of Information Resources monthly reporting (Texas DIR)
- The Interlocal Purchasing System monthly reporting (TIPS)
- Update TIPS Catalog regularly
- Assist with Project/Incident billing if necessary
- Assist with Customer collections if necessary
- Research customer disputes/billing issues
- Enter credit memos
- Other duties as requested
What You'll Need:
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's Degree in Finance preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to plan and prioritize multiple deadlines and responsibilities
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Experience in finacial modeling is preferred
- Previous experience in financial planning and forecasting is preferred
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Holiday Pay
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.