Our company is growing and our Infrastructure and Security Solutions Department is looking to add an experience Administrative Assistant to assist with departmental needs and overflow of Accounts Receivable, purchasing, and various other administrative duties. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of administrative experience. Candidates must be dependable, having a solid understanding of basic accounting, excellent follow-up and strong attention to detail.Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 & 2015 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform “as builds” in Adobe or AutoCAD for Project Managers
- Review project specification sheets before submitting to the General Contractor
- Create labels for cabling jobs
- Create job packets and scan completed packets to the operations shared drive
- Book all travel arrangements for department installs
- Bill back/Invoice travel when appropriate
- Process credit applications for vendor approvals
- Follow up on requests for certificates of insurance
- Ensure department printer, plotter and other office supplies are in stock weekly
- Download Fluke Tester results and update the job file.
- Enter and close service tickets in FieldPoint
- Assist Purchasing Manager with small stock purchase orders
- When needed assist with accounts receivables/collections
- Complete weekly survey calls to customers
- Complete weekly administrative tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Intermediate skills in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience/exposure with/to Adobe Professional, or architectural/construction drawings
- Experience with FieldPoint software is a plus
- Organized, excellent time management, disciple to work independently and multi-tasking abilities are required
- Strong customer service skills
- Has good judgment and ability to follow procedures/instructions as needed
- Experience with collections/accounts receivable preferred
- Previous experience in Telecommunications or Voice & Date industry preferred
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / STD / LTD / Life Insurance
- Vacation / Sick / Holiday Time
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.