We are currently seeking an Audio Visual Design Support Specialist to work with our AV Sales Engineering team by providing consulting and design support of Audio Visual solutions to local and regional corporate accounts. Become a part of a growing and dynamic company that offers the utmost in customer service and satisfaction.
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:
- Creating one-line diagrams for AV projects based off Sales-Engineer-provided scope of work and bill of material
- Read and analyze scope of work, bill of materials, specification sheets, and other documents related to an AV project
- Work with Sales Engineers to help identify and address possible AV design issues
- Work with Operations team to update one=line diagrams throughout the project
- Self-manage and prioritize tasks based of project lead times, submittal due dates and the needs of the team
- Managing product metadata for quoting software
What you need:
- Associate degree in a relevant field
- Strong computer skills
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Microsoft Visio Experience
- Audio Visual Installation Experience a plus
- Low Voltage Installation Experience a plus\
- AutoCAD and Revit experience a plus
- Working Knowledge of Audio/Video Signal Flow a plus
- Experience Reading AV Schematic/One-Line Diagrams a plus
- Experience Reading Architectural Drawings a plus
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, self-starting attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee. Work will normally be performed within normal office conditions and/or home office depending on location. On rare occasions the employee may be exposed to construction site conditions. Employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and to comply with all safety regulations in place by the General Contractor. Use of PPE is usually required on job sites. The employee can typically spend at least 50% of their time on their feet and be required to mobile around the construction site. The individual is regularly required to use keyboards, test equipment and controls. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth vision.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.