We are currently seeking a Junior Sales Engineer to support and work with our current AV sales engineer team. This is an entry level sales engineer position. The ideal candidate will have some AV industry experience. We will provide support and training to allow you to grow in you AV career. Become a part of a growing and dynamic company that offers the utmost in customer service and satisfaction.
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a senior AV sales engineer to learn standards and processes.
- Work with the project team to develop budgets, timelines, and managing expectations.
- Work closely with the DataVox sales team, operations team, other design engineers, and manufacturers.
- Write the Scope of Work for AV system designs.
- Conceptualize audio visual system designs and determine system requirements.
- Develop functional system designs with supporting documentation.
- Coordinate and review functional Scope of Work (SOW), one-line diagrams, rack elevations, custom wall plates or cabling assemblies with other team members.
- Maintain industry knowledge through continuing education and research of the latest AV technology trends.
- Maintain professional work appearance and outstanding customer interaction.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 2+ years’ experience with Audio Visual system design
- CTS Certification, CTS-D or CTS-I a plus
- Familiarity with control system products and applications (Crestron/Extron/QSC/AMX, etc.)
- Ability to read architectural and construction drawings a plus
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Professional and personable demeanor with good written/verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Excel
- Experience with web conferencing platforms (Teams/ZOOM/WebEx, etc.)
- Experience with Digital Signage a plus
- Experience with D-Tools a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee. Work will normally be performed within normal office conditions and/or home office depending on location of DE. On rare occasions the employee may be exposed to construction site conditions. Employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and to comply with all safety regulations in place by the General Contractor. Use of PPE is usually required on job sites. The employee can typically spend at least 50% of their time on their feet and be required to mobile around the construction site. The individual is regularly required to use keyboards, test equipment and controls. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth vision.
Occasional travel by car and occasional airplane trips are required. Employee must possess a valid driver’s license in their state of Texas.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.