DataVox is seeking an AV Project Coordinator for our corporate office in Houston, Texas!
- Do you have excellent follow-up skills and strong attention to detail?
- Are you currently or were you previously in an administrative support position?
- Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, Cyber Security, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:
To be successful as a Project Coordinator, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills. Microsoft Project experience is a plus! You will be Assisting our AV Project Managers in organizing our ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, project documentation
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meeting
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- Determining project changes
- Providing administrative support as needed
- Undertaking project tasks as required
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective
- Establish effective coordination between departments to ensure all stakeholders are informed
What You’ll Need:
- Experience with project management methodology preferred
- 2+ years of experience in project coordination in a construction environment is preferred
- Professionalism and leadership skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Resourceful and has ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Detailed oriented and willingness to ask questions to learn
- Dependable and reliable with ability to follow directions
- Customer service and relationship building skills
- Experience using computers for a variety of tools and tasks; MS Project experience is a plus
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures
- Ability to work in fast paced and challenging environment with tight deadlines
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / 401(k)
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
- Company Laptop
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.