DataVox is seeking a Project Manager to join the Building Technology Solutions Department in Houston!
Are you interested in learning more? First, let us tell you more about DataVox. DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensuring the highest level of expertise and quality service by employing people like you.
What You’ll Do:As a Project Manager for the BTS Department you will assist in facilitating deployment of infrastructure solutions. You will also:
- Own, lead, manage and control all project activities from end-to-end
- Accountable for the success of the projects
- Function as central point of contact for all project communications to all stakeholders
- Develop and manage project deliverables including communication plan, deployment plan, escalation plan, risk and issue logs
- Manage project requirements and scope including timelines/schedules and changes
- Manage stakeholder expectations and requests including customer, account manager, project team members and management
- Manage, monitor and tracking project progress including equipment ETAs, resource utilization
- Manage timely and accurately all aspect of project finance including collection of payment based on agreement terms
- Lead all project meetings and discussions to ensure objectives and purpose are achieved
- Work with management and engineering to drive the discovery and resolution of project issues
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in a construction environment; experience with low-voltage cabling or infrastructure is preferred
- Professionalism and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills in planning and implementation
- Self-starter with ability to proactively identify and perform problem resolutions
- Customer service and relationship building skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, demanding and ever-changing team environment
- Ability to motivate and influence others to contribute toward project goals
- Ability to interact effectively with others at all levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks within given time constraints
- Ability to understand complex elements required to effectively complete tasks associated with telecommunication projects
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including MS Project
- Medical / Dental / Vision/ 401k
- Vacation/ Sick/ Company Holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.