In our effort to provide the most comprehensive service and business solutions to our customers, we are expanding our Cisco engineering team. Our Enterprise Engineering department is currently seeking a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (Security) Engineer to join the team. Become a part of a growing and dynamic company that offers the utmost in customer service and satisfaction. Datavox is a leading Cisco Gold partner in Houston specializing in network infrastructure and security, unified communications solutions, and advanced data center solutions to enterprise customers. Datavox leverages strategic partnerships with organization such as Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, EMC, NetApp, Avaya and others to deliver these customized solutions. Become a part of a growing and dynamic company that offers the utmost in customer service and satisfaction. Datavox is,
- Privately Owned and Operated Company since 1988.
- Ranked #1 as the Largest Telephone Equipment and Systems Dealer in Houston by the Houston Business Journal.
- Over 7000 Customers.
- 8 Cisco CCIEs on staff, and many other Cisco, VMware, Microsoft certified staff.
Position Summary:This is a full time position for an experienced Cisco Certified CCIE Security engineer who will lead and work within a team of other Network Engineers. This position involves planning, implementation, and support of Cisco Security solutions at large enterprise networks with the latest technologies. The Engineer will be working with multiple clients and will provide technical leadership in security practice and day-to-day network technical support. As a subject matter expert for network security, you will be responsible for architecting, implementing and maintaining all edge security devices which includes routers, firewalls, Intrusion detection, and related hardware and provide recommendations for innovative edge security enhancements. Must have 3+ years of experience in Cisco Security implementations including BYOD and ISE with valid CCIE (Security) certification.
Education and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in designing and implementing Cisco Security Network Infrastructure solutions for enterprise level customers.
- CCIE (Security) certification is required.
- B.S. or Associate degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science.
- Working knowledge of other related network products.
- Previous Pre or Post Sales expertise and / or experience as a Solutions Architect is desired (not required).
- Design and implement Cisco Security solutions for existing and new customers.
- Act as a technical resource to assist with resolving critical customer issues.
- Provide technical support and resolution for upgrades and outages.
- Continue to train and develop knowledge and skills of new technologies, processes and systems.
- Architect, implement and support of infrastructure hardware components related to security (Routers, ASA firewalls, IDS, VPN, DMVPN, ISE, BYOD, WAN, WLAN, Etc.)
- Architect and design concepts that meet or exceed the cost and performance goals for existing or new solutions.
- Responsible for the adherence to enterprise-wide technology/architectural standards and policies.
- Implement Cisco LAN/WAN/Security and wireless solutions for existing and new customers.
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements for Datavox.
- Ability to work on flexible work hours to accommodate after-hour upgrades of customer networks.
Skills and Specifications:
- Experience of designing Cisco Security solutions in campus environments.
- Expert experience with Cisco Firewall ASA 55XX, IDS/IPS, and NAC.
- Expert knowledge of VPN technologies (L2L, Remote VPN, PPTP, Any Connect, DMVPN, SSL Web Based VPN)
- Knowledge of Cisco ACS using Radius and TACACS+
- Integrate Cisco ISE solutions with VPN, Security, and Wireless into enterprise level networks. Knowledge of Sniffer traces and Interpretation
- Excellent Layer 2 & 3 Networking Skills. Solid understanding of access and distribution layer LAN switching environments with VLANs, Spanning Tree (RSTP, PVST, MST), VTP, Etherchannel.
- Hands on experience with Cisco Routers and Switches (39XX, ISR, Nexus, 6500, 4500
- Expert Experience with Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Expert Experience with WAN technologies (Frame Relay, PTP links and MPLS)
- Windows 2012/2008 server and AD administration experience.
- Ability to prepare documentation with Microsoft Visio and Microsoft project.
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking network projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals.
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Company vehicle
- Company Laptop/iPhone
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.