Become a part of our dynamic and expanding Engineering team at DataVox. We are currently looking for talented individual with a background in voice technology with a Cisco Certified Network Associate certification. If you possess excellent customer service and communication skills, a high energy level, have the ability to work well in a team environment and ready to utilize your expertise and creativity in providing Cisco Unified Communication solutions, then we want to meet with you.
DataVox Business Summary:Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions. Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal. Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor. Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Education and Qualifications:
- CCNA (Voice) level certification is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related
- Knowledge of designing and implementing Cisco Unified Communications solutions
- Working knowledge of other traditional voice and telephony products
- Support customers providing unified Communication and networking solutions, based on industry’s best practices
- Provide installation and technical support for projects and resolve customer issues with proper troubleshooting and diagnostics of hardware/software
- Continue to train and develop knowledge and skills of new technologies, processes and systems.
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements
- Willingness to travel and work outside of normal business hours to accommodate after-hour installations and upgrades at different customer sites
- Communicate frequently and effectively with customers
- Provide project updates to project managers and management
- Knowledge of installing, upgrading and maintaining Cisco Unified Communications products; including CUCM, CUCXN, CUCCX, CUPS, CUEAC
- Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches (Routers- 18xx, 29xx, 28xx, Switches - 29xx, 35xx, 36xx, 37xx, 45xx)
- Experience with installing and upgrading Cisco voice gateways with PRIs and analog trunks.
- Understanding of QOS technologies (L2 QOS, L3 QOS, LLQ, CBWFQ etc)
- Working knowledge with routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP)
- Working knowledge with WAN technologies (PTP links and MPLS)
- Ability to prepare documentation with Microsoft Visio and Microsoft project
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking network projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment
- Company iPhone & Laptop
- Company vehicle
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.