Become a part of our dynamic and expanding Enterprise Engineering team at DataVox! We are looking for an experienced Data Center & Networking engineer to support our team.
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Data Center & Network Technologies, Network Security, Cloud Services, Cyber Security Solutions, IT Support Services, Phone System & Collaboration Solutions, Audio Visual, Physical Security & Building Technology Solutions including IoT & Network Cabling. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:
Data Center & Networking Engineer will be responsible for designing & consulting, implementing, and troubleshooting complex enterprise Datacenters, LAN & WAN including networking, virtualization and storage practices. He or she will be able to work independently managing the overall responsibility of datacenter and networking practice providing technical leadership and day-to-day technical support. This individual should have good product knowledge and experience in Cisco ACI, NX-OS, NSX, VMware, Hyper-V and storage and hyper-converged solutions. Must have 5+ years of experience in designing & implementing datacenter solutions at enterprise level customers and very good communication and presentation skills.
• Understand the customer’s datacenter network and infrastructure requirements and design the secured optimum solutions to meet the customer’s business needs.
• Take the lead role in new datacenter implementations and datacenter migration solutions.
• Conduct disaster recovery, performance testing or failover testing.
• Design and implement active-active and active passive datacenter solutions to in line with customer’s high availability requirements.
• Understand and implement storage networking with iSCSI and FCOE technologies.
• Ability design and implement redundant LAN/WAN networks leveraging industry standard layer 2 / Layer 3 technologies to comply with vendor’s best practice deployment guidelines.
• Work with the enterprise sales team as a datacenter, LAN and WAN network consulting engineer with testing and proof-of-concept assistance.
• Troubleshoot network issues that have been escalated from level 1 engineers
• Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements.
Who You Are:
• Proven success of designing and implementing Cisco ACI, DCNM (VXLAN) and NSX technologies.
• Experience in implementing Cisco UCS / MDS (FC/FCPE) projects.
• Strong understanding of Layer 3 & Layer 2 protocols including dynamic routing (BGP, OSPF & EIGRP) protocols.
• Knowledge in VMware and Hyper-V virtualization technologies.
• Ability to work on SDWAN and SDA projects.
• Ability to manage multi-tasking datacenter, LAN & WAN projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals.
• Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to manage additional technical resources to meet the project requirements.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
• Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
What You Need:
• B.S. degree in engineering, computer science, or information systems.
• At least 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing Datacenter, WAN & LAN infrastructure solutions at enterprise level customers.
• CCIE (Datacenter/R&S) certification is required.
• VMware, HPE/Aruba Certifications are preferred.
• Experience in SDWAN /SDA solutions.
• Experience in datacenter security will be an added qualification.
Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands and fingers, handle, feel or operate objects like laptop, cell phone, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, balance, stand, and drive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will need the ability to uphold stress of daily travel. Regular, predictable attendance is required, including hours as business demands dictate. Light to moderate lifting is required.
DataVox, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.