In our effort to provide the most comprehensive service and business solutions to our customers, we are expanding our Cisco engineering team. Our Enterprise Engineering department is currently seeking a Cisco Certified Networking Associate Engineer to join their team. Become a part of a growing and dynamic company that offers the utmost in customer service and satisfaction.This position involves planning, implementation, and support of Cisco LAN/WAN and wireless related technologies. The Engineer will be working with multiple clients and will provide technical leadership in a LAN/WAN network and day-to-day network technical support involving customers. Must have 3+ years of experience working with Cisco and other technologies in Enterprise environment.
DataVox Business Summary:
Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2016 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Education & Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in designing and implementing Cisco Network Infrastructure solutions at enterprise level customers
- CCNP (R&S) level certification is required
- B.S. or Associate degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science
- Working knowledge of other traditional voice and telephony products.
- Design Technology solutions for existing and new clients
- Act as a technical resource to assist with resolving critical customer issues
- Provide technical support for all LAN/WAN related projects
- Provide technical supports and resolution for LAN/WAN upgrades and outages
- Continue to train and develop knowledge and skills of new technologies, processes and systems
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements for DataVox
- Ability to work on flexible work hours to accommodate after-hour upgrades of customer networks
Skills & Specifications:
- Hands on experience with Cisco Routers and Switches (Routers- 18xx, 28xx, 29xx, 38xx - Switches - 29xx, 35xx, 36xx, 37xx, 45xx, 65xx)
- Experience designing campus environments
- Knowledge of VPN technologies (L2L, Remote VPN, PPTP, Any Connect, SSL Web Based VPN)
- Knowledge of Cisco ACC using Radius and TACAS+
- Knowledge of Sniffer traces and Interpretation
- Working Experience with Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, multicast)
- Working Experience with WAN technologies (MEtroE, VPLS, PTP links and MPLS)
- Understanding of QOS technologies (L2 QOS , L3 QOS , LLQ , CBWFQ, Policing , Traffic Shaping etc)
- Windows 2008/2003 server and AD administration experience.
- Ability to prepare documentation with Microsoft Visio and Microsoft project.
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking network projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals.
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
- Company Vehicle
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.