Our company is growing and we are looking for a Junior Estimator for our Advanced Services division.Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
- Reports directly to Sales Engineer
- Develops and assists in designing solutions for upcoming projects
- Attends pre-sales meetings with sales reps and customers
- Works with Sales team to provide a response for technical RFI/RFP questions
- Develop proposals with the support of the Sales Engineer
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred
- 1-2 years of experience
- Experience with Audio Visual Solutions
- Background in various low voltage technologies a plus
- Background in estimating and/or project management a plus
- Ability to interpret CAD design drawings and adhere to AV specifications
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Visio
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proactive, organized, able to meet deadlines
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
- Have vehicle in good working condition
- Must pass background check and drug screen
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.