DataVox is seeking an AV Technician to join the AV Department in Dallas-Fort Worth!
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team..
What You’ll Do:
- Installation and testing associated with AV and Network cabling – Cat 5, Cat.5e, Cat.6, Shielded Cat, 22/2, 16/2 Speaker wire, Coax etc.
- Interpret CAD design drawings and adhere to AVIXA specifications
- Basic configuration of TVs, projectors, audio, and video devices
- Build structure required for the installation of projector screens, TV mounts, Speakers etc.
- Installation of Audio-Visual equipment, Speakers, TVs, Projectors, Amplifiers
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of experience with commercial cable installation preferred
- Previous experience with network cables (Cat5, Cat6, etc.)
- Experience with closet work a plus
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Clean driving record required
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Must have working mobile phone
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Must have their own tools within 60 day of employment
- Phillips Screwdriver Set (#1, #2, & #3), Flathead Screwdriver Set (small, medium, & large)
- Tape Measure, Sheetrock Saw (Key hole saw)
- Snips, Toner & Wand (Progressive Electronics 200EP or similar)
- Kleins (linemen pliers) or Side Cutters, Crescent Wrench Set (small & medium)
- Socket Set (3/8 drive ranging from ¼” to ¾”), Open End/Box End Wrench Set (ranging from ¼” to ¾”)
- Torpedo Level, Hammer
- Tool Bag or Tool Box (recommend lockable)
- Flashlight, Channel Locks (small & medium)
- Medical / Dental / Vision / 401k
- Vacation/ Sick / Company Holidays
- Mileage Reimbursement
Are you ready to join the team? Scroll down and apply!
Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.
The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Work on job sites require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
DataVox, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.