DataVox is growing and has an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level CAD Technician to join our team of AV professionals. A successful candidate will create drawings based on the designs provided by members within our AV and Sales department. The ideal candidate will have a great combination of customer service and technical skills in AutoCAD, Revit, and D-tools.
DataVox Business SummaryEstablished in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2016 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Creates drawings for current and future projects based on the designs provided by Sales and AV team members
- Reviews and prepares entire sets of plans for design projects
- Daily use of AutoCAD 2016, D-Tools, Revit and various other software programs
Education & Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or related field is a plus
- 1-2 years of work experience in a technical setting
- 1-2 years of experience with AutoCAD
- Able to discuss completed designs and drawings with staff members
- Experience with D-Tools is a plus
- Experience with Revit is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including use of: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must pass background check and drug screening
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Paid Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.