Our company is growing and we are looking for a Lead Technician and Junior Estimator for our Infrastructure & Security Solutions division.
DataVox Business Summary:Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions. Learn more about DataVox at https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
- UTP Cabling Category 5E, 6 and 6+ Copper Solutions
- Multimode and Single Mode Fiber Optic Systems
- Coax Cabling, Horizontal Cabling Systems, Backbone Distribution Systems
- Horizontal and Backbone Cabling Pathway Systems
- Telecommunications and Equipment rooms
- Fire-stopping and Grounding and Bonding Systems
- Testing and Certification to TIAEIA & BICSI Standards
- Products include: Panduit, CommScope, Systimax
- Develops and assist in designing solutions for upcoming projects
- Provides field consultation for customers
- Attends pre-sales meetings with sales reps and customers
- Works with Sales team to provide a response for technical RFI/RFP questions
- Determines scope and develop proposals
- Interpret CAD design drawings and adhere to BICSI - EIA - TIA specifications
- Knowledge of Physical Infrastructure; Physical Security / Structure Cabling / Data Center Installation
- Solid experience in complete pre-cabling preparation, installation of patch panels, punch down 66/110 blocks, 110-patch panel, and various data and voice jacks. Install, terminate, and test all forms of communication cabling
- Background in various low voltage technologies
- Strong background in estimating and/or project management
- Ability to interpret CAD design drawings to adhere to TIA & BICSI specifications
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proactive, organized, able to meet deadlines
- Valid Driver's License
- Clean driving record
- Have vehicle in good working condition
- Must pass background check and drug screen
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.