The Managed IT – Solutions Architect is a key role in the DataVox Sales Organization. The primary objective is to support Sales Teams as the SME in both engaging new managed services customers and upselling IT services to DataVox’s existing customer base, with a focus on small-medium sized businesses. The ideal candidate will develop and refine DataVox’s managed services offerings, supporting processes and internal sales training. This person will serve as subject matter expert for DataVox’s Managed Services offerings across all product lines. This person also has significant responsibility for the development and/or refinement of the packaging of DataVox’s service offers and as well as supporting processes, and associated internal sales training. They will serve as primary interface with DataVox’s Managed Services vendors in support of ongoing improvement of services.
DataVox Business SummaryEstablished in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Educate business development team on product overview, best practice sharing for generating interest in managed services product offering, talk tracks and prospecting questions
- Work to identify ideal customer criteria and then share with account managers and business development team. Assist them as the SME in working to mine CRM system and other databases to identify customers who meet criteria. Follow up on leads and go on joint sales calls with existing sales team to generate interest in this product offering.
- Lead initial qualifying meeting as the subject matter expert through active listening; ask questions to gain a mutual understanding of the customer’s needs, budget, and overall expectation and DataVox’s ability to deliver services to meet those needs
- Based on knowledge of customer account and needs, engage appropriate staff to conduct pre-assessment planning and preparation and assessment
- Complete customer assessment (ie: placement of network probe [RMM tool], customer interviews, checklist completion, user/server/desktop counts, desired additional resources, research of current IT expenses, etc.).
- Meet with internal team members to develop Technology Roadmap that will serve as a plan to align solutions, budget and timeline for the customer. Write and plan the Statement of Work tied to initial customer needs and solution proposed.
- Deliver proposal while highlighting the various offerings and benefit to customer.
- Provide recommendations on ways or technologies available to expand DataVox’s managed services and customer value.
- Promote integration of managed services within DataVox’s service delivery systems to maximize system efficiencies and customer experience. Document processes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, MIS, or equivalent or 4 years of related industry experience
- 4 years of experience with Managed Services, including sales, support, and training and ability to service as the subject matter expert (SME) in these areas. Should have a focus on small-medium sized businesses
- 3-5 years of experience in Business to Business sales
- Understands common SMB business/technology needs and is able to develop well thought out questions and answers to address needs.
- Able to sell value by helping others see the need for comprehensive managed IT solution
- Experience building a book of business, setting appointments with potential clients, and training other employees in the sales process
- Technical knowledge and/or support experience with voice/VOIP, data network, and video systems required
- Experience with management tools utilizing SNMP, WMI, and other common protocols to monitor and collect information
- Experience with installing major remote monitoring and managing platform (i.e.: Nable).
- Experience with configuring and migrating Window servers
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills including experience in the proposal, bid, and RFP process
- Strong customer service experience and presentation experience
- Vacation/Sick/Company Holidays
- Cell phone allowance
- Company Laptop
- Mileage reimbursement
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.