Become a part of our dynamic and expanding Engineering team at DataVox. We are looking for a Network Administrator to support our DataVox servers and application management, desktops, laptops, remote users, IP phones, and wireless environment. You will respond to user calls/trouble reports and personally visit associates to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary course of action to resolve it.Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s Datacenter, network infrastructure, unified communications, audio visual, structured cabling and physical security systems. DataVox has over 250 employees and serves over 8000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Eight-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Two-Time Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
- 13 Cisco CCIEs on staff, and many other Cisco, VMware, Microsoft certified staff.
Position Summary:This is a full-time position for a Network Administrator who has 2+ years of experience in supporting and troubleshooting PCs on Microsoft windows AD network, and should have good communication and presentation skills. This individual should have good experience on deploying applications, server management, group policies, troubleshooting client PCs and laptops, messaging, and supporting wireless and VPN clients. He or she should be able to work on Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365, SQL and SharePoint, VMware and Hyper-V environment. Experience and certification in Microsoft Windows 10 or Windows 2012/2016 is required. Need to be a self-starter who loves to learn and deploy new technology.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, information systems or computer science.
- At least 2 years of experience in desktop, laptop, remote users and wireless support in Microsoft Windows 10 and Mac OS X environment.
- MCSE, MCTS, ACMT, MCP, A+, Network+, MOUS, HDI certifications a preferred plus.
- Experience with MS Office and Office 365 are strongly desired.
- Good problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills.
- Manage daily network operations, maintain and check backups, and support the users.
- Build, deploy, maintain and upgrade PCs, laptops, printers, manage licenses and deploy applications and IP phones.
- Work with other network administrators and Network Engineers with managing ticket requests, customer calls and troubleshooting issues.
- Assist customers in gaining access to various systems and servers.
- Create new users and setup/manage them in AD with the applications.
- Support internal and remote customer network users, monitor and manage alarms.
- Ability to work on various operating systems, messaging, databases, networking and backups.
- Familiarity with encryption and security tools and triaging within this environment.
- Maintain and support wireless and VPN users and support remote application deployment.
- Ability to understand & articulate root cause on customer issues.
- Assist and support various virtual environments including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Communicate call trends and challenges in daily team meetings.
- The ability to take on small projects from start to finish.
- Keep Knowledge Base and process documentation up-to-date.
- Work closely with the team to resolve or properly close aging tickets.
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements for Datavox.
Skills & Specifications:
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to manage additional technical resources where necessary.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and follow-through assignments to completion.
- Ability to communicate technical issues in non-technical terms
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, self-starting attitude
- Company iPhone
- Company Laptop
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.