Become a part of our dynamic and expanding Enterprise Engineering team at DataVox! We are currently looking for a talented individual who likes to learn the ever-changing world of collaboration, voice, and networking technologies. The ideal candidate must be ready to utilize his/her expertise and creativity in providing Unified Communications and networking solutions for our customers. If you possess excellent customer service, communication skills, and work well within a team environment, then we want to meet with you!This is a full time position for an entry-level engineer who will learn and excel the job requirements within a short period, and work with a team of other Network Engineers. This position involves planning, programming, implementation, and support of collaboration and networking solutions at mid-size to large enterprise networks. You will grasp the latest technologies and use them to provide valuable solutions to the customers. Datavox will help to develop your current engineering and programing skills with initial training, support and the guidance for your success.
DataVox Business Summary:
Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2016 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support customers by providing Unified Communication and networking solutions, based on industry best practices
- Programming and scripting to provide solutions to customer’s application requirements
- Provide installation and technical support for projects and resolve customer issues with proper troubleshooting and diagnostics of hardware/software
- Continue to train and develop knowledge and skills of new technologies, processes and systems
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements
- Ability to travel and work on flexible work hours to accommodate after-hour installations and upgrades at different customer sites
Education & Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical engineering
- Programming skills in Python, Java, Java Script, C++, and XML
- CCNA is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications and other collaboration solutions is a plus
Skills developed working at DataVox:
- Experience of installing, upgrading and maintaining Cisco Unified Communications products; including CUCM, CUC, UCCX, CUPS, CUEAC
- Programing and Scripting for Call Center and Cisco DevOP solutions
- Experience with Cisco Routers and Switches (Routers- 4xxx, 29xx, 39xx, Switches – 9K, 36xx, 38xx, 45xx)
- Experience with installing and upgrading Cisco voice gateways with PRIs and analog trunks
- Understanding of QOS technologies (L2 QOS, L3 QOS, LLQ, CBWFQ etc)
- Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP) and WAN technologies (PTP links and MPLS)
- Security, wireless and Firewalls; Storage and SAN solutions; and Hyper-converged technologies
- Prepare documentation with Microsoft Visio and Microsoft project
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.