DataVox is searching for an experienced Project Accounting Specialist to join our Enterprise Engineering team. The Accounting Specialist is responsible for all of the project-based accounting processes in the Enterprise Engineering Department. This process is a weekly cycle of collections, issuing draft bills and reports, working with Project Managers, and producing final versions for our clients. The Project Accounting Specialist also handles new projects and changes in budget. Success in this position requires attention to detail, an aptitude for numbers, willingness to learn, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people. The Project Accounting Specialist may need to produce ad hoc reports or assist Project Managers in obtaining financial information. They may be involved in training the project accounting process to new team members and provide other duties in the department such as running certain monthly reports and providing back up support as needed.
DataVox Business Summary:
Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2016 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
- Work with accounting systems, FieldPoint and Great Plains, by creating job files and entering tasks and part numbers after receiving the new project
- Maintains accounts receivable customer files with up-to-date billing information
- Follows-up on collection and allocation of payments; collects and follows up on timeliness of payments
- Carries out Enterprise billing and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Produces draft invoices on a weekly basis
- Logging draft bills and following up as necessary
- Editing and preparing final invoices
- Entering/Processing new projects in the Accounting software system
- Ensuring project setup information is complete and entered accurately
- Providing project financial reporting when requested by PM’s
- Contributing as needed to keep the overall department running smoothly
- BS in Business or Accounting preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting-related position requiring solid bookkeeping skills and good people skills required
- Ideal candidate will have experience with project accounting in a professional services firm
- Advanced Excel skills a plus
- FieldPoint experience a plus
Qualifications:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators.
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short-Term Disability
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.