Become a part of our dynamic and expanding Enterprise team at DataVox! We are looking for an experienced Project Accounting Specialist to join our Enterprise Engineering team who will be a self-starter and loves to work with the team!
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Data Center & Network Technologies, Network Security, Cloud Services, Cyber Security Solutions, IT Support Services, Phone System & Collaboration Solutions, Audio Visual, Physical Security & Building Technology Solutions including IoT & Network Cabling. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for all the project-based accounting processes in the Enterprise Engineering Department. This process is a weekly cycle of collections, issuing draft bills and reports, working with Project Managers, and producing final versions for our clients. The Project Accounting Specialist also handles new projects and changes in budget. Success in this position requires attention to detail, an aptitude for numbers, willingness to learn, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
The Project Accounting Specialist may need to produce ad-hoc reports or assist Project Managers in obtaining financial information. They may be involved in training the project accounting process to new team members and provide other duties in the department such as running certain monthly reports and providing back up support as needed.
- Work with our accounting systems, Field Point, ConnectWise and Great Plains, by creating job files and entering tasks and part numbers after receiving the new project
- Invoice all projects based on payment structures lined out in SOW
- Submit vendor service reimbursement and sign off documentation
- Provide executive financial report for to executives regarding finance/invoice status of various projects
- Work with engineering team for RMA and credits to various projects
- Track payment status of block hour contracts and deposits
- Purchasing for projects and internal hardware/software
- Work with support team for change orders
- Backlog management and End of Month invoicing
- Follow up on outstanding invoices / work closely and communicate with accounting department
- Provide administration support to project management team
- Customer Service support for handling customer calls
Who You Are:
- Independent, self-starting attitude to work with the team
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service and follow-through to completion
- Creative approach to address issues and solve problems
- Strong aptitude for learning new skills and implementing them
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in a customer service-related position highly preferred
- Must have strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel a plus
- FieldPoint/ConnectWise/Great Plains experience a plus
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators.
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short-Term Disability
DataVox, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.