DataVox is looking for an experienced Purchasing Assistant to assist our Accounting Manager in our AV Department and overflow of Accounts Receivable/Collections. Would you like to become a part of our team? The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of Administrative experience. Candidates must be reliable, excellent follow-up and strong attention to detail.
DataVox Business Summary:
Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/
- Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide procurement, purchasing, and accounting support to the AV Accounting Manager and the AV department
- Prepare purchase orders, submit small purchase orders for approval to Manager
- Work in Fieldpoint by creating job files and entering part numbers after receiving new install information
- Coordinate with Purchasing to ensure parts are ordered in a timely manner according to the install date
- Process RMA’s, create bill of materials, track shipments and small orders
- Submits invoicing to customers or leasing company on behalf of Project Coordinators
- Posting and invoicing completed jobs
- Tracking and reporting of block hours against contracts
- Obtain financial releases required to check equipment out of the warehouse
- Analyze financial information and invoice according to terms as set forth in the sale
- Act as back-up for Accounting Manager when necessary
- Responsible for maintaining accurate pricing with in the sales quoting tool
- Maintaining product library for audio visual submittals
- Maintain business process documentation
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative position, preferably in an Accounting environment
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- AutoCAD software, Adobe Professional, or architectural and construction drawings a plus
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, maintain confidentiality
- Prefer experience with Great Plains and FieldPoint software
- Organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities a must, as deadlines must be met
- Strong customer service skills
- Good judgment and ability to follow procedures/instructions as needed
- Experience with collections/accounts receivable
- Experience with customer service a must
- Audio visual industry and familiarity with parts in same helpful
- Team player
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.