We are currently seeking a Receptionist for our corporate office in Houston, TX. We need a professional, motivated, personable, and reliable individual, with strong communication skills and the ability to learn quickly, who is looking for an opportunity for advancement into sales, marketing, project coordinating and other positions within our organization. The Receptionist is the central hub of communication and business interactions throughout our company. Managing our switchboard, offering secretarial support to other departments, greeting guests, managing our busy conference rooms, and demo center are key functions that are integral to our success. Through daily responsibilities and interactions you will gain experience in office procedures as well as exposure to advanced business solutions we offer our clients.
DataVox Business Summary:Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at https://www.datavox.net/
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Answering the switchboard
- Mail distribution
- Copier/office machine maintenance
- Weekly Supply Orders
- Coordinating Lunch Meetings
- Issuing of certificates of insurance
- Maintaining reception area and conference rooms
- General office maintenance work order management
- Greeting visitors/vendors/applicants
- Assistance with company events
- Assistance with Fleet vehicle reports/billing/data entry
- Clerical support for various departments as needed
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 6 months to 1 year Receptionist or administrative support experience, in a professional/corporate office environment
- 50 WPM
- Word, Excel, Outlook – Intermediate level
- Must be punctual and have good attendance habits, strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Cisco Phone Systems is preferred
- Ability to work the required work schedule: Hours are 7:30AM-5:00PM with a 1-hour lunch.
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.