The Managed Services Specialist (MSS) is a key role in the DataVox Sales Organization. The primary objective of the MSS is to support Sales Teams in both bringing in new Managed Services customers and upselling services to DataVox’s existing customer base, both to include customer-facing pre-sales interaction. The MSS will serve as subject matter expert for DataVox’s Managed Services offers across all product lines. The MSS also has significant responsibility for the development and/or refinement of the packaging of DataVox’s service offers and as well as supporting processes, and associated internal sales training. The MSS will serve as primary interface with DataVox’s Managed Services vendors in support of ongoing improvement of services.
DataVox Business Summary:Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions. Learn more about DataVox at https://www.datavox.net/
- Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Participate in pre-sales presentations for customers serving as the DataVox Managed Services SME
- Demonstrate DataVox’s Management/Monitoring tools to highlight benefit to customers
- Based on specific customer requirements, work with internal resources and vendors to provide new solutions
- Assist DataVox Sales Staff and DataVox Service Managers with representation of value added services provided through DataVox’s Management/Monitoring tools and associated reports, including report interpretation.
- Based on experience from specific customers and vendor information, publish recommendations for technical changes, to deliver additional value to all of DataVox’s Managed Services customers
- Work with DataVox IT to promote integration to streamline processes between DataVox’s Managed Services tools and DataVox’s service system. Document these processes to maximize efficiency and customer experience
- Provide DataVox’s technical support staff with training and guidance in the use of Managed Services tools
- Improve customer support and experience by coaching DataVox’s technical staff on how they can use Managed Services tools to improve customer support and experience
- Develop and/or update our offerings to meet changing business needs and customer expectations
- Interface with vendors, recommending needed changes to evolving needs and future business requirements
- Provide support to Service Delivery Teams during any major customer incidents
- Complete other duties as assigned or required
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 4 years of experience with Managed Services, including sales, support, and training
- 3-5 years of experience in Business to Business sales
- Experience building a book of business, setting appointments with potential clients, and training other employees in the sales process
- Experience with major monitoring or management platforms
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills including experience in the proposal, bid, and RFP process
- Strong work ethic with commitment to “get the job done”
- Technical knowledge and/or support experience with voice/VOIP, data network, and video systems required
- Experience with management tools utilizing SNMP, WMI, and other common protocols to monitor and collect information
- Strong customer service experience and presentation experience
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Base salary plus commission
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
- Cell phone allowance
- Company Laptop
- Mileage reimbursement
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.