DataVox is hiring a Security Programmer in the Building Technology Solutions Department in Houston!
Are you interested in learning more? First, let us tell you more about DataVox. DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensuring the highest level of expertise and quality service by employing people like you.
What You’ll Do:
Security Programmers are responsible for tasks associated with maintenance of access control, CCTV, burglar security systems, and managing small to mid-sized security systems. The role provides support by troubleshooting, configuring, and maintaining enterprise-level access control, video systems and database applications.
- Programming physical security systems, including access control, video management systems, and other security integrations.
- Test, program, and troubleshoot access control and digital video systems.
- Follow assigned projects through to final adjustment and commissioning of installed systems.
- Install a complete turnkey system (software and hardware).
- Troubleshoot system/network related issues over the phone with customers and vendors.
- Troubleshoot database-related issues with internal customer teams
- Diagnose communication problems and install control devices and other components as well as troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to coordinate projects through the installation phase
- Assist the PM in material procurement
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager for manpower requirements
- Make sure that installation tracking sheets are updated regularly
- Prepare customer-training manuals and provide customized training
- Responsible for overall system functionality/performance. Setup outside ISP connections and remote connectivity to customer sites
Who You Are:
- Possess hand-on experience with physical security systems, including access control, digital and analog video surveillance and/or identify management solutions
- Capable of installing electric strikes, mag locks, contacts, REX devices, cameras, and mount power supplies
- Strong working knowledge and experience with electronics, PCs, networks, communications devices, door & locking hardware, alarm devices, CCTV technology and software with emphasis on card access systems.
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic networking – LAN/WAN and mobile computing environment
- System/component level troubleshooting and working knowledge of electronics and the ability to use a multi-meter
- Sound judgment and the demonstrated ability to act independently
- Ability to organize workload effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Must be able to pass security and background checks
What You Need:
- High School Diploma or GED required; completed Trade School or 2-year degree in Basic Electronics preferred
- 3+ years of Security Installer Technician and Service Technician experience required
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned work schedules required
- Successfully completed basic Access Control/ CCTV/Burglar system manufacture certification preferred – Genetec, DMP, Verkada, Lenel S2, Brivo, VideoInsight, Axis, Sony, Bosch Intrusion and HID VertX certifications a plus.
- Must be able to work on other manufacturers systems without formal training
- Be able to update/modify scripts to automate server-based functions.
- Sick / Vacation / Company Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short Term Disability/401K
- Mileage Reimbursement
Physical Demands: Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
Work on job sites require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.