In our effort to provide the most comprehensive service and business solutions to our customers, we are expanding our Cisco engineering team. Our Enterprise Engineering department is currently seeking a Cisco Senior Security (Cyber Security) Engineer to join the team. Become a part of a growing and dynamic company that offers the utmost in customer service and satisfaction.This is a full time position for an experienced Cisco Security engineer who will lead and work within a team of other Network Engineers. This position involves planning, implementation, and support of Cisco Security solutions at large enterprise networks with the latest technologies. The Engineer will be working with multiple clients and will provide technical leadership in security practice and day-to-day network technical support. As a subject matter expert for network security, you will be responsible for architecting, implementing and maintaining all edge security devices which includes routers, firewalls, Intrusion detection, and related hardware and provide recommendations for innovative edge security enhancements. Must have 5+ years of experience in implementing Cisco Security solution (Firepower, FTD, ISE, AMP, Umbrella, VPN, DMVPN)
DataVox Inc. Summary
Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 250 employees and serves over 8000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Eight-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Two - Time Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 and 2016 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX and an office in Fort Worth, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
- 10 Cisco CCIEs on staff, and many other Cisco, VMware, Microsoft certified staff.
Education & Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent hands-on technical experience.
- CCNP security certification required, CCIE preferred.
- 5+ years of in depth hands-on network and security experience.
- Palo Alto and other security vendor product experience is a plus.
- Previous Pre or Post Sales expertise and / or experience as a Solutions Architect is desired (not required).
- Design, implement and support security solutions for existing and new customers.
- Support and optimize on-premises/cloud application level security for critical customer issues.
- Act as a technical resource to assist with resolving critical customer issues.
- Provide technical supports and resolution for upgrades and outages.
- Risk and vulnerability assessments and penetration testing on enterprise networks.
- Continue to train and develop knowledge and skills of new technologies, processes and systems.
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements for Datavox.
- Responsible for the adherence to enterprise-wide technology/architectural standards and policies.
- Ability to work on flexible work hours to accommodate after-hour upgrades of customer network.
Skills & Specifications:
- Experience of designing Cisco Security solutions in campus environments.
- Hands-on experience with switching, routing and security components of enterprise networks.
- Experience with Cisco ASA 55XX, URL filtering and Content Filtering.
- Experience with Cisco Security Suite of Firepower FTD, FMC, AMP, ISE, Umbrella, and Talos.
- Knowledge of some VPN technologies (L2L, Remote VPN, PPTP, Any Connect, DMVPN, SSL Web Based VPN)
- Experience with ISE configuration, ACS using Radius and TACACS+, NAC policy implementation and Certificate servers
- Basic understanding with RSA or DUO two factor is a plus
- Some knowledge of Sniffer traces and Interpretation using Wireshark
- Experience with Layer 2 & 3 Networking and understanding of access and distribution layer LAN switching environments with VLANs, Spanning Tree (RSTP, PVST, MST), VTP, Etherchannel.
- Working knowledge of Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Knowledge of WAN technologies, PTP links, MetroE, VPLS and MPLS. SDWAN is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows server and AD administration experience.
- Experience with Solarwinds, Splunk, Netflow, and various network monitoring tools.
- Ability to prepare documentation with Microsoft Visio and Microsoft project.
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking network projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals.
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.