DataVox is searching for a ShoreTel Technician for our SMB Voice team!Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions.
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans network and VOIP installations of Avaya, ShoreTel, and Toshiba systems by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram
- Performs adds, move, changes to new and existing equipment; provide proper documentation of the process throughout
- Installation and program from start to finish; including voicemail system
- Running daily service and maintenance for existing customer base
- Interface and train customers when needed; Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions
- Provides programming, support and maintenance of voice mail systems
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, and phone systems; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools
- Must have clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- May require some work on evenings and weekends as the job requires
- 2 years of proven experience in installation and programming with one or more of the following systems:
- ShoreTel Phone Systems
- Avaya IP Office or Aura CM
- Knowledge of various phone systems and networking equipment
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-starter and work well independently and in an team environment
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.