Our company is growing, and we are looking for a Solutions Architect / Estimator / Technology Designer for our Infrastructure & Security Solutions division. Since 1988, thousands of businesses have counted on DataVox to be their trusted advanced technology partner. With DataVox, your organization can enjoy the convenience of working with a single company to design, implement and maintain all aspects of their audio visual, cloud, data center and network technologies, IT support and managed services, network cabling, phone systems and physical security solutions. Our award-winning customer service team is here to assist your organization 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With DataVox as your technology partner, rest assured that you will receive the level of expertise and quality of service your company deserves – the best!
- Eight-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Two-Time Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
- 13 Cisco CCIEs on staff, and many other Cisco, VMware, Microsoft certified staff.
DataVox offers a full range of structured cabling. Our design and execution services include:
- UTP Cabling Category 5E, 6 and 6+ Copper Solutions
- Multimode and Single Mode Fiber Optic Systems
- Coax Cabling, Horizontal Cabling Systems, Backbone Distribution Systems
- Horizontal and Backbone Cabling Pathway Systems
- Telecommunication and Equipment Rooms
- Fire-stopping and Grounding and Bonding Systems
- Testing and Certification to TIAEIA & BICSI Standards
- Products include: Panduit, CommScope, Systimax
- Develops and assist in designing solutions for upcoming projects
- Provides field consultation for customers
- Attends pre-sales meetings with sales reps and customers
- Works with Sales team to provide a response for technical RFI/RFP questions
- Determines scope and develop proposals
- Interpret CAD design drawings and adhere to BICSI – EIA – TIA specifications
- Some knowledge of Physical Infrastructure; Physical Security / Structured Cabling / Data Center Installation
- Background in various low voltage technologies
- Strong background in estimating and/or project management
- Ability to interpret CAD design drawings
- Experienced in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proactive, organized, able to meet deadlines
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
- Must pass background check and drug screen
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.