Become a part of our dynamic and expanding sales team at DataVox. We are looking for a Networking and Datacenter Solutions Architect to support the Dallas / Fort Worth Sales team as the SME in both networking and datacenter solutions. They will assist in facilitating sales by providing design support, consulting and implementation of networking and datacenter solutions. This position will work out of our Fort Worth office location.We need an engineer who has 3+ years of experience in networking and datacenter solutions. This individual should have product knowledge and experience with Cisco and/or HPE/Aruba network infrastructure including firewalls, routers, switches and wireless. This individual should also have product knowledge and experience with datacenter solutions such as servers, storage and virtualization. Experience with Unified Communication and Video Conferencing solutions is a plus. If you want to join our team of engineering professionals creating business solutions and be a part of an expanding industry and growing organization then apply now.
DataVox Business Summary:Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual, managed IT services and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 265 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Eight-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014, 2016 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide presales support for networking, server, storage, and virtualization opportunities
- Participate in client calls with Account Executives
- Translate complex business requirements into technology solutions
- Develop overall solutions including high-level design, statement of work, and bill of materials
- Assist Account Executives with presenting solutions to clients
- Provide advanced presales support for internal teams for networking and datacenter solutions
- Provide advice regarding architectural questions, product prerequisites, product features, etc.
- Assist Account Executives with designing network and datacenter solutions
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key partners
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key clients
- Attend key partner events and training sessions
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements
- Maintain professional relationships with teammates, partners, and clients
- Provide required technical tasks for products sold which could include racking, stacking, configuration and onsite client support
Skills and Specifications:
- Strong understanding of network protocols and various operating systems.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to rapidly obtain certification in new products.
- Ability to make presentations to all levels of an organization.
- Ability to understand and explain may different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer sites as necessary
- Experience with Hyper-V and VMWare a plus
- Experience with Dell, HPE, and Cisco Storage and Compute Required
Education & Qualifications:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a technical IT role supporting networking and datacenter solutions
- Company Laptop
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.