DataVox is hiring! Do you have strong customer service skills, with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively to ensure customer satisfaction? Are you ready to go the extra mile for a customer? If you are, then we want to speak with you. Come join our team of service professionals and grow with us. A successful applicant must possess telecommunications and networking product knowledge, have the ability to work well with other team members, and is a self-starter who is confident when working independently. Established in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans network and VOIP installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram
- Performs adds, move, changes to new and existing equipment; provide proper documentation of the process throughout
- Installation and program from start to finish; including voicemail system
- Running daily service and maintenance for existing customer base
- Interface and train customers when needed; Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions
- Provides programming, support and maintenance of voice mail systemsEstablishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, and phone systems; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools
- Must have clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- May require some work on evenings and weekends as the job requires
- 2 years of proven experience in installation and programming with one or more of the following systems:
- Avaya IP Office
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager
- Avaya Partner Advanced Communication System
- Knowledge of various phone systems including Avaya, Toshiba, ShoreTel, etc.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-starter and work well independently, as well as, within a team environment
- Certifications in these systems are highly desirable: Avaya ACSS-SME/ACA/ACS
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.