DataVox is seeking a Unified Communications Engineer to join the Enterprise Engineering Department in Houston! Before learning about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You'll Do:This is a full-time position for a collaboration engineer who will demonstrate and excel the job requirements, and work with a team of other Network Engineers. This position involves planning, programming, implementation, and support of collaboration and networking solutions at mid-size to large enterprise networks. You will design and develop the latest collaboration technologies and integrate them with many other platforms to provide valuable solutions to our customers.
- Support enterprise customers providing unified Communication and networking solutions, with technical design, plan and implementation, based on industry’s best practices.
- Programming and scripting to provide solutions to customer’s application requirements.
- Provide installation and technical support for projects and resolve critical customer issues with proper troubleshooting and diagnostics of hardware/software.
- Upgrade enterprise unified communication systems to the latest releases maintaining inter-operability and minimizing downtime.
- Manage and set standards for DataVox and customer networks with consultation and implementation services.
- Continue to train and develop knowledge and skills of new technologies, processes and systems.
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements.
- Ability to travel and work on flexible work hours to accommodate after-hour installations and upgrades at different customer sites.
- Continuously applies quality improvement methodologies to improve work processes.
- Communicates frequently and effectively with customers.
- Provides project updates to project managers and management.
Who You Are:
- Hands on experience installing, upgrading and maintaining Cisco Unified Communications products; including CUCM, CUCXN, CUCCX, CUPS, CUEAC.
- Experience with installing and upgrading Cisco voice gateways with PRIs, SIP and analog trunks.
- Understanding of QOS technologies (L2 QOS, L3 QOS, LLQ, CBWFQ, Policing, Traffic Shaping etc).
- Troubleshooting with packet traces, debugs and their Interpretation required.
- Programming and Scripting for Call Center and Cisco DevOP solutions.
- Implementing and integrating Cisco and Microsoft collaboration suites with video endpoints including Cisco Teams, Jabber, Microsoft Teams.
- Cisco Routers and Switches (Routers- 4xxx, 29xx, 39xx, Switches – 9K, 36xx, 38xx, 45xx).
- Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP) and WAN technologies (PTP links and MPLS).
- Security, wireless and Firewalls; Storage and SAN solutions; and Hyper-converged technologies.
- Prepare documentation with Microsoft Visio and Microsoft project.
- Good project management capability to manage multi-tasking network projects and prioritize the tasks in an efficient manner to meet and exceed customer goals.
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What You Need:
- Experience in designing and implementing Cisco Unified Communications solutions at enterprise level customers.
- CCNP Collaboration certification is required.
- B.S. or Associate degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science.
- Programming skills on Python, XML, NETCONF and REST, Java, Java Script, C++
- Working knowledge of other traditional voice and telephony products.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short Term Disability
- Company iPhone & Laptop
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.