DataVox is seeking a Warehouse Associate to join our Accounting Department in Houston!
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking qualified candidates who are independent, organized with excellent time management skills to provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services.
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock, recording location of inventory
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on the pick tickets
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Receive and unload incoming shipments and compare information on packing slips with purchase orders to verify accuracy of shipment
- Inspect shipments for damage, loss, or defects, and notify proper department of findings
- Responsible for accurately receiving, reporting, and distributing purchased items.
- Operate dolly and pallet jack loading and unloading material and equipment
- Prepare labels for shipment in accordance with the work order and customer requirements
- Verify materials being pulled for packaging matches the work order and accurately prepares items for shipping
- Responsible for processing all Return to Vendor items
What You’ll Need:
- Familiarity with warehousing concepts, practices and procedures is required
- Experience with Great Plains is a plus
- Effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong safety management skills
- Results oriented team player
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent required, with an associate degree preferred
- 2+ years of warehouse and logistics experience, preferably in the professional services industry
- Proficient Microsoft Word and Excel
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.