Unified Communications 500
Cisco Unified Communications 500 for Small Business
Unify voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks
Cisco Smart Business Communications System helps small
businesses respond to and serve their customers quickly and
efficiently and create faster, closer connections with
customers and other employees. It provides immediate, highly
secure access to information, improves responsiveness and
productivity, and, ultimately, produces a competitive
The Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series
The new Cisco SPA500 Series IP Phones, part of the Cisco Small Business Pro Series, a complete portfolio of IP phones for small business with robust features that support the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series. They provide an intuitive, rich user experience with wideband audio to connect employees and offices; high-quality speakerphone for ease of use; 10/100 switch port for a co-located PC; and application support on the phone to enhance productivity. Available models include one line (handling two calls), four buttons, eight buttons, eight buttons with four additional Busy Lamp Field (BLF) buttons, and wired or wireless 5-button color display desktop model. Each button can be configured to support a directory number/line, BLF, or speed dial. Part of the Cisco 500 Series phones.
Unified IP Phones 7900 Series, including
Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phones and Cisco IP
Communicator (a soft phone). Customers can choose from a
wide range of IP phones, from basic phones for break rooms
to executive phones with color/touch display, with
investment protection for expansion to other Cisco Unified
Cisco UC 500 Series and Optional Productivity Applications:
- UC 500 - for Small Business, supporting 8, 16, 24, 32, 48, and
- UC 520 - 4 users with the Cisco Unified Communications 520 models.
- UC 540 - available in 8-, 16-, 24-, and 32-user versions
- UC 560 - supports up 104 phones.
Core components of the Cisco UC 500 Series Include:
- Cisco Unified IP phones, including wireless handsets and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) phones
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express for call processing
- Cisco Unity® Express for voice messaging and Automated Attendant
- Support for Cisco Unified CallConnectors for integration with Windows PC applications
- LAN switching: Integrated Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch, and ability to expand through Cisco Catalyst® Express 520 Series Switches
- Firewall and VPN capabilities
- Optional integrated wireless LAN (WLAN) capability on some models or external access points and Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Modules
- Cisco Configuration Assistant for GUI-based customization of the solution
- Optional remote system monitoring capabilities
Other Cisco UC 500 Components Include:
- Cisco Unified CallConnector for Microsoft Office, delivering contact management with click to dial and display of inbound call information with Outlook, plus presence, instant messaging, and advanced mobility integration, including rules-based Single Number Reach.
- Cisco ESW 500 Series or Cisco Catalyst Express 520 Series Switches, with choices in the number of Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports to support expansion in multiple deployment scenarios.
- Cisco 520 Secure Router, which combines Internet access and wireless services withadvanced security features to protect the business from threats and malware.
- Cisco Mobility Express wireless solution for both data and voice, with the Cisco 521 Wireless Express Access Point and the Cisco 526 Wireless Express Mobility Controller
Related Links & Resources