Do you have prior experience consulting, designing, or migrating environments to Microsoft cloud solutions?
Are you able to identify a customer opportunity and craft a Microsoft solution to support it?
Who We Are:
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, Network Security, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
We want our company to be a place you will want to be – and stay. Employees at DataVox are offered the following:
- An amazing atmosphere to challenge yourself and grow career.
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
- The company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plan with company match.
- Professional development reimbursement.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Paid company holidays
- Annual Health and Wellness Fairs.
- Virtual and in-person team & company events – Ice Cream Social, Employee Appreciation Day, Halloween contests, Thanksgiving potluck, Holiday parties, “Support our team” days, Texans, Astros, and Dynamo watch parties, and more.
- Mileage and phone reimbursement.
- Volunteer program including paid time off to support a cause you believe in.
- Opportunity to make decisions that positively impact the environment through sustainable business practices.
What You’ll Do:
As a Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect, you will serve as a key technical resource, offering sales and service support to the DataVox Account Management Team, Sales Operations, DataVox Engineering team and directly to customers. This role demands a high level of technical expertise and a deep understanding of the subject matter, enabling the architect to effectively demonstrate solutions and provide valuable insights during the sales process.
- Develop new Microsoft offerings with sales processes and procedures aligned with changing Microsoft programs and DataVox services.
- Develop marketing and business plans with internal and external Microsoft sales documentation and presentations to drive revenue and profits.
- Offer presentations and demonstrations to the customers with the overall business and technical strategy.
- Identify customers’ business requirements and provide solutions using a consultative sales approach.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell services within our Microsoft range.
- Plan and execute Microsoft related marketing events and demand generation events.
- Look for opportunities within strategic accounts to sell Microsoft Stack.
- Serve as the content expert for custom cost models, client Scopes of Work (SOWs), and RF(x) proposals based on the overall solution requirements.
- Collaborate with Sales and Operations teams in the pursuit of Microsoft Sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Operations teams to develop go-to-market strategies, mature the execution Services models and enhance sales effectiveness.
- Follow up on referrals and new leads resulting after field activity.
- Build and strengthen customer relationships through follow-up and pro-actively assisting to resolve customer satisfaction issues.
- Assist in managing Microsoft partner relationship.
- Continue to train and develop knowledge of Microsoft technologies and collaborate with internal Sales Engineers to stay abreast on emerging Microsoft solutions.
- Maintain current understanding of technology solutions as well as relevant certifications
- Participate in all mandatory and voluntary training programs that will enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities to maximize performance and skill development.
- Create estimates, statements of work, documentation, and deliverables for projects in a timely fashion
- Provide licensing advisory support to the DataVox Account Managers to drive additional revenue and expansion opportunities with existing and potential customers
- Uphold the value of the DataVox mission statement of “Customer Success Drives Us” by ensuring customer satisfaction and successful projects
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of Microsoft Azure, O365, Azure/Local AD, Collaboration, Power Bi or Microsoft Server technical experience required. Experience working at a value-added reseller (VAR) is a plus
- Strong understanding of latest Microsoft technologies and initiatives including Azure, M365, AD, upgrade approaches for EOL products, IOT, security, unified collaborations, messaging, databases, and storage.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft license packages, incentives, and rebates, to offer best possible solutions to our customers.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to gather information on the potential customer’s business processes, critical success factors, and competitive standing.
- Ability to guide customers and account team to the most effective solution.
- Ability to develop high-level designs and architectures to ensure smooth transition from design to delivery.
- Ability to deliver detailed documentation and accurate technical design.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees in sales, engineering, operations, and Marketing.
- Highly organized and self-motivated professional
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead demos, proof-of-value for customers with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Microsoft Azure, O365, AD, Server, certifications are preferred.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft licensing
- Industry-recognized certifications similar to: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect is a plus
- Ability to work with limited oversight to complete necessary work tasks
- Knowledge of Compute, Storage, Network and Virtualization Platforms
- An understanding of hyper-converged infrastructure
- Ability to advise customers on cloud security best practices
Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands and fingers, handling, feeling or operating objects like a laptop, cell phone, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, balance, stand, and drive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will need the ability to deal with the stress of daily travel. Regular, predictable attendance is required, including hours as business demands dictate. Light to moderate lifting is required.