DataVox is seeking an AV Administrative Assistant for our corporate office in Houston, Texas!
- Do you have excellent follow-up and strong attention to detail?
- Are you currently or were you previously in an administrative support position?
- Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
What You’ll Do:DataVox is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to assist our Audio-Visual department. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of Administrative experience. Candidates must be reliable, possess excellent follow-up skills, and strong attention to detail. This person will support the Vice President and Sales Engineers within the Audio-Visual Department. This fast-paced position will work closely with all members of department.
- Support VP with everyday tasks
- Continuously update the price catalog used for quoting AV
- Support sales engineers with price checks and special quotes
- Work with suppliers to schedule monthly training
- Support team with RFP requests by gathering necessary data and preparing deliverables
- Processing travel documentation for operations team when traveling out of town
- Maintaining product library for audio visual submittals
- Maintain business process documentation
- Support other members of the AV team as needed
- Support department with other tasks as deemed needed by the VP
What You’ll Need:
- 2-3 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant/Secretarial position
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize tasks, as deadlines must be met
- Strong customer service skill
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Work independently and can follow directions//instructions when necessary
- Audio Visual industry and familiarity a plus
- Work well with all team members
- AutoCAD software, Adobe Professional, and knowledge of architectural and construction drawings a plus
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.