We are currently seeking an experienced Audio Visual Project Manager to assist in facilitating deployment of Audio Visual solutions to local and regional corporate accounts. Become a part of a growing and dynamic company that offers the utmost in customer service and satisfaction. Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions.
- Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
- Understands audiovisual, display, and videoconferencing equipment, applications, and functionality
- Understands control system products and applications (Crestron/AMX, etc.)
- Ability to read architectural and construction drawings
- Ability to draft audiovisual equipment lists and basic signal flow sketches
- Requires working knowledge of commercial construction environments (power, conduit, core drills)
- Coordinates meetings with decision makers
- Conducts product demonstrations for clients and prospects
- Maintains daily communication with Lead Technicians and Executives on status of projects and task lists
- Manages comprehensive onsite audiovisual equipment installation for our clients, including low voltage wiring, trim-out, equipment rack setup, plasma/LCD, projectors and projection systems, media rooms, digital signage, audio and video conferencing equipment, audio hardware and speakers, control systems, and programing
- Oversees rigging/mounting of equipment and displays
- Manages Installation of structured cabling to include pulling, terminating and testing cat5e/6, video, RGB, HDMI, DVI and audio cables
- Installs Crestron, AMX, and other control systems
- Installs video conferencing systems including Cisco-Tandberg
- Assists with structural installation of displays, screens and projectors
- Maintains professional work appearance and outstanding customer interaction
- Degree preferred, High School diploma required
- 8+ years of experience as lead technician and managing an installation team
- CTS Certification with project management experience desired
- Certification by manufacturer or product a plus
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation
- Professional and personable demeanor with good written/verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook
- Priority will be given to candidate with a proven track record working with IP and QoS solutions, and/or knowledge of Cisco product offerings in the AV space
- Knowledge of the entire H.323 suite of standards
- Experience with audio conferencing, videoconferencing, bridging and collaboration manufacturers
- Experience with Digital Signage systems a plus
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Work on job sites require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.