DataVox is searching for an Avaya Technician for our SMB Voice team!Since 1988, thousands of businesses have counted on DataVox to be their trusted advanced technology partner. With DataVox, your organization can enjoy the convenience of working with a single company to design, implement and maintain all aspects of their audio visual, cloud, data center and network technologies, IT support and managed services, network cabling, phone systems and physical security solutions. Our award-winning customer service team is here to assist your organization 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With DataVox as your technology partner, rest assured that you will receive the level of expertise and quality of service your company deserves – the best!
- Nine-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Two-Time Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2016 and 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX and an office in Fort Worth, TX with a state-of-the-art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Telephony support relating to technical issues involving all telecommunications systems: VoIP, voicemail, analog, and vendor specific hardware and software to include Avaya IP Office
- VoIP and traditional telecommunications systems service and support
- Administration and maintenance of IP telephony servers, switches, routers, and gateways
- Work with telecommunications carriers for troubleshooting of voice and data circuits. SIP, T1 & PRI implementations
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed
- Windows Server administration and support
- Perform complex moves, adds, and changes to telephony systems, configuring with little supervision
- Understanding of networks including cable modems, DSL, and wireless
- Communicate clearly with the customer and understand their needs on the job before, during, and after completion
- Perform complex troubleshooting on communications systems without supervision
- Participation in on-call rotation for after-hours service issues and customer support
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Enter all work as service tickets into ticketing system
- Maintain certifications and obtain others as required
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- 5 years of proven experience in installation and programming with Avaya IP Office (9.0 or higher)
- Experience with Server addition, Zima, Chronia-Call, VC applications, Skype for business, and more
- Knowledge of various phone systems and networking equipment
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-starter and work well independently and in a team environment
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators. Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Vacation/Sick/Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.