Become a part of our dynamic and expanding Engineering team at DataVox. We are looking for a Desktop Support Technician to support our Datavox servers, desktops, laptops, remote users, IP phones, and wireless environment. You will respond to user calls/trouble reports and personally visit associates to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary course of action to resolve it.We need an individual who has 2+ years of experience in supporting and troubleshooting PCs on Microsoft windows AD network, and should have good communication and presentation skills. This individual should have good experience on deploying applications, troubleshooting client PCs and laptops, messaging, and supporting wireless and VPN clients. He or she should be able to work on Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365, SQL and SharePoint, VMware and Hyper-V environment. Experience and certification in Microsoft Windows 10 or Windows 2012/2016 is required. If you are a self-starter and loves to learn new technology we want to talk to you! DataVox provides solutions to address every aspect of an organizations IT environment including server management, virtualization, storage, network infrastructure, unified communications, Audio-Visual, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. Datavox leverages strategic partnerships with organization such as VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, HP and others to deliver these customized solutions. Datavox is,
- Privately Owned and Operated since 1988
- Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
- 250 Employees
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors or Associate Degree in engineering, information systems or computer science.
- At least 2 years of experience in desktop, laptop, remote users and wireless support in Microsoft Windows 10 and Mac OS X environment.
- MCSE, MCTS, ACMT, MCP, A+, Network+, MOUS, HDI certifications are all pluses
- Experience with MS Outlook/Exchange Office 365 is strongly desired
- Good problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Manage daily network operations, maintain and check backups, and support the users.
- Build, deploy, maintain and upgrade PCs, laptops, printers, manage licenses and deploy applications and IP phones.
- Assist Systems Administrator and Network Engineer with managing ticket requests, customer calls and troubleshooting issues
- Assist customers in gaining access to various systems and servers
- Create new users and setup/manage them in AD with the applications.
- Support internal and remote customer network users, monitor and manage alarms.
- Ability to work on various operating systems, messaging, databases, networking and backups.
- Familiarity with encryption and security tools and triaging within this environment
- Maintain and support wireless and VPN users and support remote application deployment.
- Ability to understand & articulate root cause on customer issues
- Assist and support various virtual environments including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Communicate call trends and challenges in daily team meetings
- The ability to take on small projects from start to finish
- Keep Knowledge Base and process documentation up-to-date
- Work closely with the team to resolve or properly close aging tickets
- Maintain and update necessary technical certification requirements for Datavox.
Skills & Specifications:
- Be a good team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to manage additional technical resources where necessary.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer’s environment.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and follow-through assignments to completion.
- Ability to communicate technical issues in non-technical terms
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, self-starting attitude
- Company iPhone
- Company Laptop
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.