Our company is growing and we are looking for an Entry Level Security Technician to train with our Security Operations Manager. DataVox’s Security Technicians are responsible for tasks associated with installation and maintenance of Access Control, CCTV, burglar security systems, and of managing small security systems. The ideal candidate will train with our Operations and Project Manager for 3-6 months before moving into a position with the sole responsibility of programming our cameras.
DataVox Business SummaryEstablished in 1988, DataVox offers businesses the convenience of working with a single advanced technology partner. DataVox designs, implements and supports all aspects of an organization’s phone system, network infrastructure, data center, structured cabling, audio visual and physical security systems. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, DataVox has over 200 employees and serves over 7000 customers. Our award-winning customer service team is here to support your organization 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with the installation of IP CCTV, IP Access Control, Intercom and subsidiary equipment
- Assists with the installation of cabling and pulls wires and cables
- Tests installed equipment and participates basic programming such as adding card readers, users, cameras and door controllers to any system
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs per the maintenance agreement by manufacturers approved procedures
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs any system or component level equipment
- Technicians need to be available to work on call, after normal working hours, and weekends
- Assists with maintaining customer relationships based on dependability
- Actively promotes the value of full service agreements
- Refers customer concerns about billing practices and charges to the proper accounting personnel
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, attending manufacturer conferences, etc., as assigned by your supervisor
- Effectively communicates between the job site and company personnel
- Responsible for keeping the Project Manager aware of the status of the job on a regular basis and in a timely manner
- Reviews job files and all pertinent data including job layout drawings, schematics, and technical data, as required for a more efficient inspection
- Reviews material and equipment lists for installation and service repairs. Disputes material discrepancies as required
- Responsible and accountable for all parts, materials, equipment, and tools placed in their custody. Maintains accurate inventory records for all items
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and responsible for the quality of work performed
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for overtime
- Assists with the completion of all in-house assembly/test/checkout tasks
- Assists with solving technical challenges as they arise. Helps resolve potential issues that will have a negative impact on the customer and their company
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical setting which may include programming, computer maintenance or repair, or any other applicable technical experience
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic technical ability
- Demonstrates sound judgment when acting independently
- Ability to organize workload effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and teamwork skills with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Demonstrates basic mathematical skills and computer skills
- Valid Driver’s license and US Social Security Number
- Must have a vehicle in working condition to drive to and from job sites
- Must be able to pass security and background checks
- Must be in full compliance with company and customers safety program
- Must be reliable and punctual
Education & Experience:
- Technical, Vocational, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned work schedules required
- Knowledge of Genetec, Axis, Sony, Bosch Intrusion Detection, HID VertX preferred
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Work on job sites require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.