Become a part of our dynamic and expanding Enterprise team at DataVox! We are looking for an experienced IT Support Administrator to our team who will be a self-starter and loves to learn and deploy new technology.
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Data Center & Network Technologies, Network Security, Cloud Services, Cyber Security Solutions, IT Support Services, Phone System & Collaboration Solutions, Audio Visual, Physical Security & Building Technology Solutions including IoT & Network Cabling. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:
IT Support Administrator position will give you a broad foundation on which to build your career. You will find many training and advancement opportunities if you are a self-starting individual who wishes to excel. If you possess excellent customer service and communication skills, high energy level, ability to work well in a team environment and ready to learn the new technology fast, then we want to meet with you.
You will provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support on Microsoft AD/Azure network for over 250 employees. This individual should have good experience on deploying applications, group policies, troubleshooting client PCs and laptops, messaging, and supporting wireless and remote clients. He or she should be able to work on Microsoft AD/Azure, Office 365, and other client application deployments. You will respond to user calls/trouble reports and personally visit desktops/laptops to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary course of action to resolve it.
- Build, upgrade, deploy, test, maintain, and troubleshoot computer equipment and peripherals including desktops, laptops and printers
- Install, upgrade, deploy, test, maintain and troubleshoot software applications and Operating systems, including Windows and Mac, and conducting HW/SW audits
- Responding to user calls to troubleshoot the nature of reported problems, track and work on tickets, and taking necessary steps to resolve access to various systems and servers
- Office365/Outlook Support and Active Directory/Azure support
- Assist Systems Administrators and Network Engineers to troubleshoot and resolve network and user connectivity and application issues
- Regular monitoring of backup and recovery software
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and connectivity issues remotely
- Keep Knowledge Base and process documentation up-to-date
- Manage the individual and ticket queue for the team
- Support wired and Wi-Fi Networking, VPN issues
Who You Are:
- Independent, self-starting attitude
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service and follow-through to completion
- Creative approach to problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and implementing them.
- Ability to communicate technical issues in non-technical terms
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Science or related field is required
- 2 - 3 years of experience with desktop support
- MCP, ACMT, A+, Network+, MOUS, HDI certifications are all pluses
- Experience with MS Outlook/Office 365 is strongly desired
- Knowledge of PC hardware/peripherals, Microsoft Office application software, Windows desktop operating systems and basic networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of AD/Azure, Software Distribution Systems, and related technologies
- Basic experience on virtual environments including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Familiarity with encryption and security tools and triaging within this environment
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- Company iPhone & Laptop
Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands and fingers, handle, feel or operate objects like laptop, cell phone, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, balance, stand, and drive. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will need the ability to uphold stress. Regular, predictable attendance is required, including hours as business demands dictate. Light to moderate lifting is required.
DataVox, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Copyright © 2021, ADP, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED PRIVACY | LEGAL | REQUIREMENTS
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.