We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager in the North Texas area to assist in facilitating deployment of Physical Security solutions department to local and regional corporate accounts. Become a part of a growing and dynamic company that offers the utmost in customer service and satisfaction.
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
Project Performance Expectations:
- Progress - Deliverables are being completed within the outlined time scales
- Cost - Deliverables are being completed within the outlined cost plan
- Quality - Deliverables are being completed to defined expectations, first time
- Performance (Value) - Progress is being earned for the expected cost
- Cash flow - Net project cash flow is being achieved as the defined expectations
- Reporting - Regular and timely reporting of project progress to the stakeholders
- Risk - To proactively manage foreseen project risk, mitigating as necessary
- Change - Managing changes to the project without unduly affecting the stated objectives and benefits
What You’ll Do:
- Own, lead, manage and control all project activities from end-to-end
- Accountable for the success of the projects
- Function as central point of contact for all project communications to all stakeholders
- Develop and manage project deliverables including communication plan, deployment plan, escalation plan, risk and issue logs
- Manage project requirements and scope including timelines/schedules and changes
- Manage stakeholder expectations and requests including customer, account manager, project team members and management
- Manage, monitor and tracking project progress including equipment ETAs, resource utilization
- Manage timely and accurately all aspect of project finance including collection of payment based on agreement terms
- Lead all project meetings and discussions to ensure objectives and purpose are achieved including kick-off, technical, database and wrap-up
- Work with management and engineering to drive the discovery and resolution of project issues
- Participate in and provide support for engineers during implementations and cutovers to ensure smooth transition and issue resolution
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- PMP is highly preferred; experience with PMI project methodology is required
- 5+ years of experience in project coordination in an IT environment is preferred
- Experience with physical security products preferred but not a requirement
- Professionalism and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills in planning and implementation
- Self-starter with ability to proactively identify and perform problem resolutions
- Customer service and relationship building skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, demanding and ever changing team environment
- Ability to motivate and influence others to contribute toward project goals
- Ability to interact effectively with others at all levels within and outside the Organization
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks within given time constraints
- Ability to understand complex elements required to effectively complete tasks associated with telecommunication projects
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including MS Project
- Excellent presentation skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. The position will also require usage of stairs and elevators.
Some of the work may be required on the job site and require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
- Company Laptop
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays
DataVox, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.