DataVox is searching for a talented Support Engineer to join our Managed Services team in Houston.
- Do you have experience providing high quality, professional support on hardware & software issues?
- Are you able work independently and possess great troubleshooting skills?
- Do you have a deep understanding of concepts related to Microsoft servers, domain, workgroup, networking hardware and peripherals?
What You'll Do:As a Systems Admin, you will be part of DataVox’s Managed Services team who provides Tier II/III technical support for our clients. You will respond to end-user calls/trouble reports and provide top-notch service and support to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary course of action to resolve it.
- Diagnose problems via phone, email & on-site through troubleshooting skills, logic, research, and isolation steps
- Resolve complex hardware & software issues in a timely manner by performing research independently
- Record all client inquiries, from initial call to incident resolution in Ticketing system
- Perform on-site troubleshooting of hardware, network, & software
- Perform new software/hardware installations, configurations and upgrades
- Build and deploy workstation images using RMM software
- Configure, maintain, & create workstation backups using backup tools
- Install, Configure & Support MS Office Products including Outlook
- Install and configure Broadband Internet modems, internal LAN Routers, Switches, NAS devices & WIFI
- Use RMM software to diagnose to perform automation, troubleshoot & resolve issues
- Assist customers in gaining access to various systems and servers
- Responding to associate service calls to troubleshoot the nature of reported problems and taking necessary steps to resolve those problems
- Exchange/Outlook Support and Active Directory support
- Ability to troubleshoot software, hardware and connectivity issues remotely
- Ability to understand & articulate root cause on customer issues
- Work closely with the team to resolve or properly close aging tickets
- Manage individual queue of tickets and respond, document, and close in a timely manner
- Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
What You Need:
- 5+ years of providing desktop support with some in Level 2 or System Admin
- 2+ relevant professional certification (HDI-DST, MCSA, CompTIA A+)
- Degree in related field or equivalent
- Use of RMM software/backup/imaging software/ticket system
- Use of imaging & backup software
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Science or related field is a plus
- 5+ years of Desktop Support experience
- Must have 1+ year of experience providing Help Desk support
- 1 year of desktop-based hardware support experience with Mac OS X and Windows 7
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with people at various levels
- Knowledge and experience of troubleshooting and setup of computer hardware
- Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting of network devices & peripherals
- Some experience working with Active Directory Server 2008/2012
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, configuring, updating and maintaining Windows OS
- Self-motivated with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Clear theoretical understanding of networks, including LAN/WAN/VPN, routers, switches, servers
- Networking Experience in troubleshooting connectivity issues, DHCP, DNS
- Experience removing viruses/malware/spyware & prevention
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to document processes and procedures
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service and follow-through to completion
- Company iPhone & Laptop
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. DataVox, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.