DataVox is searching for a Telecommunication Technician for our SMB Voice team!
- Do you have experience providing high quality, professional support on hardware & software issues?
- Are you able work independently and possess great troubleshooting skills?
- Do you have a deep understanding of concepts related to voice cloud systems?
What You’ll Do:
- Telephony support relating to technical issues involving all telecommunications systems: VoIP, voicemail, analog, and cloud systems
- VoIP and traditional telecommunications systems service and support
- Administration and maintenance of IP telephony servers, switches, routers, and gateways
- Work with telecommunications carriers for troubleshooting of voice and data circuits, SIP, T1 & PRI implementations
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed
- Windows Server administration and support
- Perform complex moves, adds, and changes to telephony systems, configuring with little supervision
- Understanding of networks including cable modems, DSL, and wireless
- Communicate clearly with the customer and understand their needs on the job before, during, and after completion
- Perform complex troubleshooting on communications systems without supervision
- Participation in on-call rotation for after-hours service issues and customer support
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Enter all work as service tickets into ticketing system
- Maintain certifications and obtain others as required
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
What You Need:
- 5 years of proven experience in installation and programming with all telecommunications systems: VoIP, voicemail, analog, and VoIP cloud systems
- Knowledge of various phone systems and networking equipment
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-starter and work well independently and in a team environment
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.