DataVox is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Accounting Department in Houston!
Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking qualified candidates who are independent with self-starting attitude to work with the team. Success in this position requires attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people. The ideal candidates should be passionate about providing excellent customer service and follow-through.
- Perform all accounts payable functions
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Research aging invoices and disputes and bring to a successful resolution
- Follow-up on matching exceptions, missing receipts, and price variances
- Ensuring bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling vendor statements
- Monthly shipping audit to ensure shipping charges are rebilled
What You Need:
- 2 years or more of accounts payable experience
- Experience with Great Plains (GP) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Detail oriented and excellent following up skills
- Team player
- Correct typing ability averaging at least 30 wpm
- Associates Degree or higher a plus
- Vacation/Sick and Paid Holidays
Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.