DataVox is looking for an Administrative Assistant to assist our Accounting Manager in our AV Department and overflow of Accounts Receivable, invoicing, and other administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of Administrative experience. Candidates must be reliable, excellent follow-up and strong attention to detail.
DataVox Business Summary:
Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions. Learn more about DataVox at: https://www.datavox.net/
- Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2016 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide procurement, purchasing, and accounting support to the AV Accounting Manager and the AV department
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files with up-to-date billing information
- Assist with the preparation of purchase orders, submit small purchase orders for approval to Manager
- Assist with processing RMA’s, create bill of materials, track shipments and small orders
- Submits invoicing to customers or leasing company on behalf of Project Coordinators
- Posting and invoicing completed jobs
- Tracking and reporting of block hours against contracts
- Obtain financial releases required to check equipment out of the warehouse
- Analyze financial information and invoice according to terms as set forth in the sale
- Act as back-up for Purchasing Assistant as needed
- Responsible for maintaining accurate pricing with in the sales quoting tool
- Maintaining product library for audio visual submittals
- Maintain business process documentation
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative position, preferably in an accounting environment
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, maintain confidentiality
- Experience with Great Plains and FieldPoint software a plus
- Organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities a must, as deadlines must be met
- Strong customer service skills
- Good judgment and ability to follow procedures/instructions as needed
- Experience with collections/accounts receivable
- Experience with customer service a must
- Audio visual industry and familiarity with parts in same helpful
- Team player
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.