DataVox is currently seeking qualified candidates to assist our team as an experienced Programmer proficient in Crestron/AMX/Extron. The ideal candidate must have experience completing technical installation of AV systems and developing control solutions for complex AV systems. Ability to trouble-shoot audio, video, switching and control systems problems is necessary. This individual needs to work well independently and in a team setting --- excellent communication and computer/programming skills are required. Some travel throughout the Houston, Texas area is required.
DataVox Business SummaryEstablished in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions.
- Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
- Programs Audio Visual equipment including media control systems (Crestron/AMX/Extron), DSPs, matrix mixers, switchers, codec’s, etc.
- Provides programming and graphic touch panel interface layouts for integrated AV systems using various source codes (Crestron, AMX, Extron) and others as needed on-site and in the field
- Installs and commissions AV systems by testing them post install and verifying quality standards are being met
- Provides field support and expertise to the installation staff on job related code, graphic touch panel layouts, and programs, etc.
- On consultant based projects assists with conducting bid reviews, project management and submittal preparation related to control system
- Performs required testing, checkout procedures and assemble results per the specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field is preferred, commensurate experience will be considered
- 2 years of experience programming Crestron/AMX/Extron systems
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of AV control systems and design
- Crestron P201 (Intermediate) preferred
- Experience installing and testing code onsite and remotely
- Experience working with various control methods and protocols (TCP/IP. RS232, etc.)
- Capable of properly configure DSP devices including Clear One, BSS, Biamp, etc.
- Touch panel layout and design experience
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with clients and other trades
- CTS, CTS-I and CTS-D certifications preferred
- System design and engineering experience preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Vacation/Sick/Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.