DataVox is hiring an AV Programmer in the AV Department in Houston! Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You'll Do:We are seeking qualified candidates to assist our team as an experienced Programmer proficient in Crestron/Extron/AMX. The ideal candidate must have experience completing technical installation of AV systems and developing control solutions for complex AV systems. Ability to trouble-shoot audio, video, switching and control systems problems is necessary. This individual needs to work well independently and in a team setting --- excellent communication and computer/programming skills are required. Some travel throughout the Houston, Texas area is required.
- Programs Audio Visual equipment including media control systems (Crestron/Extron/AMX), DSPs, matrix mixers, switchers, codec’s, etc.
- Provides programming and graphic touch panel interface layouts for integrated AV systems using various source codes (Crestron, Extron, AMX) and others as needed on-site and remotely
- Installs and commissions AV systems by testing them post install and verifying quality standards are being met
- Provide field support and expertise to the installation staff on job related code, graphic touch panel layouts, and programs, etc.
- On consultant based projects assists with conducting bid reviews, project management and submittal preparation related to control system
- Performs required testing, checkout procedures and assemble results per the specifications
What You Need:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field is preferred, commensurate experience will be considered
- 2 years of experience programming Crestron/Extron/AMX systems
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of AV control systems and design
- Crestron P201 (Intermediate) preferred
- Experience installing and testing code onsite and remotely
- Experience working with various control methods and protocols (TCP/IP. RS232, etc.)
- Capable of properly configure DSP devices including Biamp, QSC, Clear One, BSS, etc.
- Touch panel layout and design experience
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with clients and other trades
- CTS, CTS-I and CTS-D certifications preferred
- System design and engineering experience preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Job sites will require the usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hard hat, hearing protection, gloves, etc.
- Vacation/Sick Time/Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.