DataVox is seeking a Entry Level CAD Technician to join the Physical Security Team in Houston!
- Do you have strong organizational and time management skills?
- Do you have experience managing projects?
- Can you communicate professionally and effectively while also providing great customer service?
What You’ll Do:A successful candidate will create drawings based on the designs provided by members within our Physical Security and Sales department. The ideal candidate will have a great combination of customer service and technical skills in AutoCAD, Revit, Visio, and D-tools.
- Create drawings/documentation for current and future projects based on the architectural and technology packages provided by Sales and BTS team members
- Read, interpret and understand technology drawings to accurately prepare material quantity takeoffs
- Create detail design work using AutoCAD 2016, Visio, Revit and various other software programs
- Prepare and delivery completion schedules using Microsoft Project
What You Need:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or related field is a plus
- 1-2 years of work experience in a technical setting
- 1-2 years of experience with AutoCAD
- 1-2 years of experience with Visio (Rack Elevations, Schematic Drawings)
- Experience with physical security products highly preferred
Who You Are:
- Able to discuss completed designs and drawings with staff members
- Strong computer skills, including use of: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must pass background check and drug screening
- Vacation/ Sick/ Holiday Pay
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.