DataVox is currently pursuing qualified candidates to assist our team as an Audio Visual Systems Programmer. The ideal candidate must have an educational background in computer programing and troubleshooting technical solutions. This individual needs to work well independently and in a team setting --- excellent communication and computer/programming skills are required. Some travel throughout the Houston, Texas area is required.
DataVox Business SummaryEstablished in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Biamp, Cisco, Clear One, Crestron, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, Samsung, Sharp, Revo Labs, VMware, Samsung, Sharp, and others to deliver these customized solutions.
- Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
- Work with design team and account managers to meet customer needs
- Create control systems graphical user interface based on design requirements
- Assist in writing code for control systems utilized in audio video solutions
- Participate in creating, planning, designing and developing test plans for audiovisual control systems
- Install and commission AV systems adhering to the corresponding test plan
- Conduct user acceptance testing
- Provide ongoing support to customers
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Strong system evaluation, system testing, documentation and reporting skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with various control methods and protocols (TCP/IP. RS232, etc.)
- Must have a fundamental knowledge of IP protocol and network topology
- Flexible to work outside regular work hours when the project requires including evenings and weekends
- Clear driving record and background
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with clients and other trades
- Crestron/AMX/Extron programming certification preferred
- System design and engineering experience preferred
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday time
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short Term Disability
- Mileage Reimbursement
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.