The IT Support Technician position will give you a broad foundation on which to build your career. Once initial job training is complete, additional training and advancement opportunities are available for self-starting individuals wishing to excel. If you are the kind of person who loves to “tinker" and learn new technology, we want to talk with you!
DataVox Business Summary:Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions. Learn more about DataVox at https://www.datavox.net/about-datavox/
- Six-Time Winner, Award of Excellence: Winner of Distinction, Houston Better Business Bureau
- Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
- Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist Network Services Manager and Network Technician with all ticket requests, customer calls and troubleshooting
- Assist customers in gaining access to various systems and servers
- Responding to associate service calls to troubleshoot the nature of reported problems and taking necessary steps to resolve those problems
- Performs adds, moves, changes to new and existing equipment
- Installation and programming from start to finish, including voicemail, extensions, etc.
- Runs daily service and maintenance for existing customer base
- Interfaces and trains customers when needed
- Provides programming, support and maintenance of voice mail systems
- Pulls/installs voice and data cabling as needed
- Associate’s Degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or related field Network +, Security +, CompTIA Certifications
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be self-starter and work well independently and within a team environment
- Must have clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation / Sick / Company Holidays
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.