DataVox is seeking an Information Technology Support Technician to join the Enterprise Engineering Department in Houston! Before learning more about the position, let us tell you a bit more about who we are! DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, Cyber Security, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensure the highest level of expertise and quality service by having people like you on our team.
What You'll Do:As an IT Support personnel, you will be part of the IT professionals who provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support for over 250 employees. You will respond to user calls/trouble reports and personally visit desktops/laptops to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary course of action to resolve it.
- Build, upgrade, deploy, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair computer equipment and peripherals including desktops, laptops and printers
- Install, upgrade, deploy, test, maintain and troubleshoot software applications and Operating systems, including Windows and Mac, and conducting HW/SW audits
- Responding to user calls to troubleshoot the nature of reported problems, track and work on tickets, and taking necessary steps to resolve those problems
- Office365/Outlook Support and Active Directory support
- Assist users in gaining access to various systems and servers
- Assist Systems Administrators and Network Engineers to troubleshoot and resolve network and user connectivity and application issues
- Regular monitoring of backup and recovery software
- Troubleshoot software, hardware and connectivity issues remotely
- Keep Knowledge Base and process documentation up-to-date
- Manage the individual and ticket queue for the team
- Support wired and Wi-Fi Networking, VPN issues
Who You Are:
- Independent, self-starting attitude
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service and follow-through to completion
- Good problem solving, diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues in non-technical terms
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Science or related field is required
- 1 - 3 years of experience with desktop support
- MCSE, ACMT, MCP, A+, Network+, MOUS, HDI certifications are all pluses
- Experience with MS Outlook/Exchange, Office 365 is strongly desired
- Knowledge of PC hardware/peripherals, Microsoft Office application software, Windows desktop operating systems and basic networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of AD, Software Distribution Systems, and related technologies
- Basic experience on virtual environments including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Familiarity with encryption and security tools and triaging within this environment
- Company iPhone & Laptop
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.