DataVox is hiring a Lead Physical Security Technician to join the Building Technology Solutions Department in Houston! Are you interested in learning more? First, let us tell you more about DataVox. DataVox has been serving the Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth area for over 30 years with our advanced technology solutions. We specialize in Audio Visual Solutions, Data Center & Network Technologies, Network Security, IT Support Services, Network Cabling, Phone Systems & Physical Security. We are committed to be the best technology partner and ensuring the highest level of expertise and quality service by employing people like you.
What You'll Do:Physical Security Technicians are responsible for tasks associated with maintenance of access control, CCTV, burglar security systems, and managing small to mid-sized security systems.
- Install IP CCTV, IP Access Control, Intercom and subsidiary equipment
- Install and pull wires and cables
- Test installed equipment and basic programming such as adding card readers, users, cameras and door controllers to any system.
- Preform preventive maintenance and repairs per the maintenance agreement by manufacturers approved procedures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair any system or component level equipment.
- Technicians need to be available to work on call, after normal working hours, and weekends.
- Assist with maintaining customer relationships based on dependability.
- Actively promote the value of full-service agreements.
- Refer customer concerns about billing practices and charges to the proper accounting personnel.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, attending manufacturer conferences, etc., as assigned by your supervisor.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the job site, and company personnel.
- Responsible for keeping the Project Manager aware of the status of the job on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- Review job files, review all pertinent data including job layout drawings, schematics, and technical data, as required for a more efficient inspection.
- Review material and equipment lists for installation and service repairs. Dispute material discrepancies as required.
- Responsible and accountable for all parts, materials, equipment, and tools placed in technician’s custody. Maintain accurate inventory records for all items.
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and responsible for the quality of work performed.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for overtime.
- Assist with the completion of all in-house assembly/test/checkout tasks.
- Assist with solving technical challenges as they arise. Help to resolve potential issues that will have a negative impact on the customer and their company.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
Who You Are:
- Capable of installing all necessary Physical Security components, which include but is not limited to: electric strikes, mag locks, contacts, REX devices, cameras, power supplies, intercoms, and door controllers
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic networking.
- Able to troubleshoot an Access Control or video system from the Server.
- Able to troubleshoot and configure network security devices.
- System/component level troubleshooting and working knowledge of electronics and the ability to use a multi-meter.
- Sound judgment and the demonstrated ability to act independently.
- Ability to organize workload effectively and work with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Demonstrate ability to operate test equipment.
- Demonstrate basic mathematical skills and computer skills.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Must have transportation to commute to multiple job sites in one day.
- Must be able to pass security and background checks.
- Must be in full compliance with company and customers safety program.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Ability to work the fluctuating scheduled as given by your Project Manager.
What You Need:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned work schedules Required.
- Completed Trade School or 2-year degree in Basic Electronics Preferred.
- 5+ years of Physical Security Installer Technician and Service Technician experience Required
- Successfully completed basic Access Control/ CCTV/Burglar system manufacture certification Preferred.
- Genetec, Axis, Sony, Bosch Intrusion and HID VertX Certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of Genetec, Axis, Sony, Bosch Intrusion Detection, HID VertX preferred.
- Must be able to work on other manufacturers systems without formal training.
- Sick / Vacation / Company Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Short Term Disability/401K
- Mileage Reimbursement
Physical Demands:Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. Work on job sites require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc.
DataVox is an equal opportunity employer. We expressly prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability or military status. The company complies with applicable laws governing non-discrimination by state and locale.